Info about our mats & How do I care for my mat?
PADDED PLAY MATS ~ our mats are amazing quality however they are not indestructible! To be non toxic & biodegradable they have some limitations. Please read the care instructions carefully. And treat your beautiful play mat with kindness.
BEFORE FIRST USE- Check your play mat over to ensure it is in optimal condition. We highly recommend taking your mat out of the box, check it over, then roll it up in the opposite direction and put it back in the box over night. This is because our mats are made from memory foam with a very good memory and they can take a while to settle, anywhere from a few hours to a few days or more before they are completely flat and crease free. (although some flatten much quicker)
- Keep the velcro straps in a safe place, they are very handy when wanting to transport or store the mat.
- Wipe down with a wet soapy cloth.
- Best cleaning with a non acidic gentle cleanser or warm water and an antibacterial microfibre cloth.
- Please note- A slight yellowing discolouration may be present around the edges of mats, especially the lighter coloured mats. This occurs because of a heat-sealing process. Our play mats are made WITHOUT toxic plasticisers and chemical and colour stabilisers which means that (like most things) the colours can fade with time and use. Lighter mats can yellow/discolour over time (this is exacerbated by sunlight, heat and exposure to acidic or harsh cleaning products). This is characteristic of the product and not a fault.
- Colours can vary slightly between batches.
- Our play mats are made from the best non toxic biodegradable TPU (Polyurethane) currently on the market. TPU was developed to be a safer alternative to PVC, and once composted will biodegrade after 3 to 5 years. PVC is toxic and will retain its form for decades, only breaking down into smaller pieces, it is said to be the most environmentally damaging plastic and can release harmful chemical emissions. TPU does not require harmful substances such as PVC, BPA, phthalates, formamide, or formaldehyde. TPU is safe and because of this is frequently used in medical applications. Lighter mats can yellow/discolour over time (this is exacerbated by sunlight, heat & harsh cleaning products) Our play mats are made WITHOUT plasticisers and chemical and colour stabilisers, because we are concerned with the health and safety of our little ones and our planet, and because of this our play mats require a little extra care and kindness.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight to avoid discolouration and heat damage.
- Any poop, vomit, urine, paint or other spills must be cleaned off immediately as they could cause stains.
- Avoid sharp and rough objects as they can tear the outer layer of the mat.
- Do not scrub.
- Make sure your mat is 100% dry before rolling to store. We are not responsible for mouldy mats.
- Avoid vacuum cleaners- as some can damage the outer layer. Simply pick your play mat up and shake it off, too easy!
- Avoid using marker pens or permanent markers.
- Avoid hot substances or vessels containing hot substances.
- Not intended for outside use. (At your discretion on a nice smooth surface they can of course be used for short periods outside. Amazing on smooth wooden decking and tiles. But definitely not on rough surfaces such as rocks, sticks or rough concrete)
- Not recommended for pets as they can cause damage with sharp claws. (At your discretion as some dogs and cats are absolutely fine using our play mats, however some cats will use them for scratch poles and some playful dogs with long sharp claws can pierce the outer layer)
- Not suitable for washing machines or steam cleaning. (There is absolutely no need! Simply wipe clean)
- Wipe clean with a damp soapy cloth.
- Do NOT use harsh detergents, citrus essential oils, alcohol, bleach or abrasive cleaners (such as Jif or Gumption) as they may damage the surface of the mat and cause yellowing, discolouration or fading.
- Avoid placing heavy furniture on your mat for prolonged periods as it could cause indentations.
- Any holes, stains or marks reported after 14 days are not the fault of Softly Summer Pty LTD.
By purchasing goods with us you acknowledge the above information and agree to follow the care instructions provided
GATHER SACK ~ CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold
- Liquid soap recommended
- Line dry in shade or tumble dry on low immediately after washing
- Do not soak metal parts for prolonged periods
- Keep metal parts away from salt water
- No bleach
- Because our Gather Sacks are made with natural canvas colours can vary.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY.