CLEANING & CARE
How do I care for my mat?
PADDED PLAY MATS ~ our mats are amazing quality however they are not indestructible! Please treat them with kindness.
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Check your play mat over to ensure it is in optimal condition.
- We highly recommend taking your mat out of the box, check it over, then roll it up in the opposite direction and put it back in the box over night. This is because our mats are made from memory foam with a very good memory and they can take a while to settle, anywhere from a few hours to a few days or more before they are completely flat and crease free. (although some flatten much quicker)
- Keep the velcro straps in a safe place, they are very handy when wanting to transport or store the mat.
- Wipe down with a wet soapy cloth.
- Please note- A slight yellowing discolouration may be present around the edges of lighter coloured mats. This occurs because of a heat-sealing process. This is characteristic of the product and not a fault.
- Our play mats are made from non toxic biodegradable TPU (Polyurethane). TPU was developed to be a safer alternative to PVC, and once composted will biodegrade after 3 to 5 years. PVC is toxic and will retain its form for decades, only breaking down into smaller pieces, it is said to be the most environmentally damaging plastic and can release harmful chemical emissions. TPU does not require harmful substances such as PVC, BPA, phthalates, formamide, or formaldehyde. TPU is safe and because of this is frequently used in medical applications. Our play mats are made WITHOUT plasticisers and chemical and colour stabilisers, because we are concerned with the health and safety of our little ones and our planet, and because of this our play mats require a little extra care and kindness.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight to avoid discolouration and heat damage.
- Avoid sharp and rough objects as they can tear the outer layer of the mat.
- Avoid using marker pens or permanent markers.
- Avoid hot substances or vessels containing hot substances.
- Not intended for outside use. (At your discretion on a nice smooth surface they can of course be used for short periods outside. Amazing on smooth wooden decking and tiles. But definitely not on rough surfaces such as rocks, sticks or rough concrete)
- Not recommended for pets as they can cause damage with sharp claws. (At your discretion as some dogs and cats are absolutely fine using our play mats, however some cats will use them for scratch poles and some playful dogs with long sharp claws can pierce the outer layer)
- Not suitable for washing machines or steam cleaning. (There is absolutely no need! Simply wipe clean)
- Wipe clean with a damp soapy cloth.
- Do NOT use harsh detergents, essential oils, alcohol, bleach or abrasive cleaners (such as Jif or Gumption) as they may damage the surface of the mat.
- Avoid placing heavy furniture on your mat for prolonged periods as it could cause indentations.
GATHER SACK ~ CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold
- Liquid soap recommended
- Line dry in shade or tumble dry on low immediately after washing
- Do not soak metal parts for prolonged periods
- Keep metal parts away from salt water
- No bleach
PLEASE BE AWARE:
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY.