CLEANING & CARE
How do I care for my mat?
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Check your mat over to ensure it is in optimal condition
- Wipe down with a wet soapy cloth
- Your mat could take a while to settle, anywhere from a few hours to a few days before it is completely flat and crease free.
- Please note- A slight yellowing discolouration may be present around the edges of lighter coloured mats. This occurs because of a heat-sealing process. This is characteristic of the product and not a fault.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight to avoid discolouration and heat damage.
- Avoid sharp and rough objects as they can tear the outer layer of the mat.
- Avoid using marker pens or permanent markers.
- Avoid hot substances or vessels containing hot substances.
- Not intended for outside use. (At your discretion on a nice smooth surface they can of course be used for short periods outside. Amazing on smooth wooden decking and tiles. But definitely not on rough surfaces such as sandstone, rocks, or rough concrete)
- Not suitable for pets as they can cause damage with sharp claws. (I have 2 dogs and a cat and have had no trouble so far but it can happen.)
- Not suitable for washing machines or steam cleaning. (There is absolutely no need! Simply wipe clean)
- Wipe clean with a damp soapy cloth. Do NOT use harsh detergents.
- Avoid placing heavy furniture on your mat as it could cause indentations.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY.